Biotechnology industry association elects a new board
BIO Deutschland’s members’ assembly elected a new board for the next two years during its 20th ordinary general assembly end of September.
The ten members of BIO Deutschland’s board represent various segments of the innovative biotechnology industry. The following members were re-elected:
- Prof. Dr Kathrin Sabine Adlkofer, Chief Operating Officer and founder of Cellbox Solutions GmbH, Lübeck
- Dr Jürgen Eck, Managing Director of bio.IMPACT, Bensheim
- Norbert Hentschel, Chief Financial Officer of Miltenyi Biotec B.V. & Co. KG, Bergisch-Gladbach
- Dr Klaus Maleck, Chief Financial Officer of ITM SE, Munich
- Roland Sackers, Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director of QIAGEN N.V., Hilden
- Oliver Schacht, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of OpGen Inc., Rockville, MD, USA, and Chief Executive Officer of Curetis GmbH, Holzgerlingen
- Dr Sylvia Wojczewski, Chief Executive Officer of BioSpring GmbH, Frankfurt am Main
- Dr Holger Zimmermann, Chief Research and Development Officer of AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG, Wuppertal
The following members were newly elected to the board:
- Jens Holstein, Chief Financial Officer of BioNTech SE, Mainz
- Dr Kirsten Tief-Küry, Managing Director of Life Technologies GmbH of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Darmstadt
At the board meeting directly following the general assembly, the new board unanimously confirmed the appointment of Oliver Schacht as its chair and re-appointed Norbert Hentschel as treasurer.