EuropaBIO holds board and council meetings
On 27 and 28 June, Peter Heinrich took part in various EuropaBio events in Brussels: the National Associations Council and Healthcare Biotechnology Council meetings as well as the EuropaBio board meeting und general assembly.
At the board meeting and general assembly, the following positions and responsibilities were reassigned:
- Secretary General: John Brennan: (succeeds Nathalie Moll)
- Chair of the Agri-Food Council: Leticia Gonçalves Lourenço (Monsanto)
- Chair of the Healthcare Biotechnology Council: Robin Evers (Novo Nordisk A/S) (2017-2018)
- Vice-Chair of the Healthcare Biotechnology Council: Bernard Grimm (AbbVie) (2017-2018)
- Chair of the Industrial Biotech Council: Walter Pfefferle (Evonik Industries AG) (2017-2019)
- Chair of the National Associations Council: Matt Moran (BioPharmaChem Ireland) (2017-2019)
- Chair of the SME Platform: Peter Heinrich (BIO Deutschland) (2017-2019).
- Chair of the Association: Carlo Incerti (Sanofi Genzyme) (2017-2018).
In addition, Catherine Trinkle (BASF), the new chair of the relatively young New Technologies Working Group, presented the Group’s activities. BIO Deutschland is actively participating in this WG, which focuses on new breeding techniques.