Funding programmes, competitions and awards
Horizon2020 – relevant calls for 2016 and 2017
The European Commission published in September draft version of the following relevant call for 2016 and 2017.
- PM-01: Multi-omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system, deadline: 13.04.2016
- PM-03: Diagnostic characterisation of rare diseases, deadline: 11.04.2017
- PM-06: Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases, deadline: 13.04.2016
- PM-08: New therapies for rare diseases, deadline: 04.10.2016
- PM-09: New therapies for chronic diseases, deadline: 13.04.2016
- PM-11: Clinical research on regenerative medicine, deadline: 13.04.2016/2017
- PM-16: In-silico trials for developing and assessing biomedical products, deadline: 14.03.2017
- SMEInst-05: Supporting innovative SMEs in the healthcare biotechnology sector: “Cell technologies in medical applications”, Phase 1 & 2, several deadlines
- SMEInst-05: Supporting innovative SMEs in the healthcare biotechnology sector: “Clinical research for the validation of biomarkers and/or diagnostic medical devices”, Phase 2, several deadlines
You can find all calls for health related topics and more information here: www.consultech.de/en/H2020/index.html#new-calls.
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) has launched a new Call for proposals, giving researchers from diverse sectors the opportunity to participate in ambitious public-private partnerships that will pave the way for the development of the medicines of the future.
IMI encourages small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), mid-sized companies, patients’ organisations, regulatory authorities, academic teams, industry, hospitals and other organisations to form consortia and apply to participate in the new IMI projects.
IMI 2 – Call 6 includes the following topics:
- Development of Quantitative System Toxicology (QST) approaches to improve the understanding of the safety of new medicines
- Establishing impact of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, resultant disease and public health approach to reducing the consequences
- Topics under the new Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
Real World Outcomes Across the Alzheimer’s disease (AD) Spectrum (ROADS) to Better Care
Development of an outcomes-focused platform to empower policy makers and clinicians to optimize care for patients with haematologic malignancies
Find project partners
IMI’s Partner Search Tool - www.imi.europa.eu/tlf_content/partner-search - allows people interested in applying for IMI funding to search for potential project partners. It has been updated with the IMI 2 – Call 6 topics.
Application Deadline is 12 January 2016
You can find more information here: www.imi.europa.eu/tlf_content/stage-1-17
EuroTransBio – 11th Joint Call
The ERA network EuroTransBio supports transnational research and development projects by small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) in the biotechnology sector. Consortia comprised of at least two companies from different partner countries are invited to apply for funding for innovative projects in industrial and applied research and development in all biotechnology fields.
Apart from Germany, the following EuroTransBio partner countries and regions are taking part:
- Belgium (represented by the regions Flanders and Wallonia)
- France (represented by Alsace)
Interested consortia are invited to submit their project proposals between 1 October 2015 and 29 January 2016. Details on the programme are available at http://www.eurotransbio.eu/.
The German funding guidelines entered into force on 5 March 2007 with their publication in the “Federal Gazette” (www.bmbf.de/foerderungen/bekanntmachung.php?B=967)