Results of the Survey of Members Are Now Available: General Satisfaction with the Association’s Work and a High Rating for the Working Groups’ Activities
The results of the survey of members conducted in November and December 2006 are now available. Some of the findings were as follows:
- Most responses came from the area of “red biotechnology” (around 31 percent), followed by pharmaceuticals (14 percent) and “contract research” (12 percent).
- Venture capital, the capital market, investment banking (85 percent), IP, licensing (74 percent) and partnering, the transfer of technology, intellectual pproperty and regulatory matters (67 percent) were listed as the most important topics.
- Member companies were of the opinion that the most important functions of the working groups were to improve conditions in Germany, to formulate joint positions and to make contacts – the representation of the interests of their own company was or less importance.
- Most of those surveyed (47 percent) would like to see a consolidation of the events offered in the biotech scene, while 33 percent were in favour of keeping the current status.
- More than 90 percent of the companies who took part in the survey thought it would be good if one of the leading biotech journals became BIO Deutschland’s official journal.
- 82 percent of those surveyed were satisfied, happy or very happy with the office’s work to date.
- Around three quarters of those surveyed (74 percent) stated that they were satisfied, happy or very happy with the association’s work.